Choosing the Right Performance Management System
An effective performance management system evaluates both qualitative and quantitative aspects of performance. By only measuring quantity, a wealth of low-level work gets done. This results in a work environment with less opportunity for learning and advancement. Conversely, a performance management system that neglects quantity leads to low production.
Performance management software can help you track, analyze, and evaluate the performance of a single employee, team, or entire company. Leaders rarely have the ability to invest as much time as they'd like working with their teams, which leads to limited visibility into team performance. Employees can recognize this limited visibility. In fact, 50% of millennials and Gen Z employees feel that management does not recognize strong job performance. This is why the right performance management system is vital.
Performance management software provides easy-to-use tools that diagnose, measure, and improve collaborative behavior for improved performance. By using measurable data, employers can easily track employee and team performance for more accurate reviews and incentive programs.
When choosing an effective performance management system, it's important to recognize how the software will interact with your current environment and offer avenues of improvement. Take these steps to ensure you're choosing a system that will help you reach your company performance goals.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your existing process.
- Create company goals and determine how the system will help you break down those goals for teams and individual employees.
- Find software that integrates with your current systems and procedures.
- Choose software that utilizes measurable data to track employee and team performance.
- Seek user-friendly software that will be easy to adopt and use frequently.